Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Story About Us.. How We met!

Steve and I first talked to each other on October 25, 2004. A friend of mine, that had moved to St. Louis, called me and said she had the perfect guy to set me up with. This "perfect guy" was someone she had grown up with in Texas, but he had since moved to Layton. I said I thought it might be ok. She said good because he is calling you today (she is sneaky like that!) So, I got this phone call from some strange guy..... and we talked for a while!

We went on our first date November 5, 2004. We had been emailing, so I felt like I kind of knew him. He seemed ok. Someone I might be able to hang out with! We had a really good time together. I know people say that it is just different when the right one comes along, and they would be right. He wasn't like any of the jerks I had dated before. He was respectful, polite, and he seemed to actually care about my feelings! I didn't think this kind of guy was possible!

We dated for a few weeks and then one night he was acting so weird. I just knew he was going to break up with me. But, on one of our many long drives, he told me he knew he was going to marry me. This is when I knew that I had someone with me. The normal me would have freaked out right then and there! I mean come on... three weeks of knowing me and he thinks he is going to marry me?!! Who does this guy think he is?!! The more calm version of me, the one who had help to not freak out, said that doesn't scare me at all!

Then, when he proposed, December 5, 2004 - exactly one month from our first date - I was in shock! The normal me was wondering what he was doing! It had only been a month. The me who had a "little help" was thinking - wait.... this version of me wasn't thinking... it had only been 4 weeks!!! AAAAAhhhhhhh!!! Needless to say, I was totally speechless. I told him I couldn't give him an answer yet. So, I waited for four days, and I finally said yes!

Then, the next morning, I called him and told him I wasn't sure if I had made the right decision.... I can't believe he stuck around! He assured me that he was ok with it, but I had to decide on my own....Well, I won't leave you in suspese any longer.... I said "YES!"

We got married April 8, 2005 - five months and three days from the day we had met! I love him and he loves me. We have the most beutiful boy in the world! We really couldn't be happier! I love my boys so much!!

3 comments:

Steffani said...

Summer, you're so funny. That is the cutest story. I had forgotten all of that. Thanks for filling me in. You have a cute family. I love your engagement pic. with your hair blowing in the wind. Can I just say, SUPERMODEL! :)

Tiff said...

What a sweet story! One month of dating huh? Sounds like me! And I'm with Steff, you look so gorgeous in your engagement picture!

Anonymous said...

ah...have i inspired you to tell your story too? It seems like just yesterday you were freaking out about that proposal...and showing me that amazing ring! I am soooooooo glad you two are happy together...plus baby makes three! couldn't have asked for more!